Sunday 13 July 2014

Worm Farm

Something I have had for awhile is a worm farm....so I guess these little guys were my first pets??
Although my daughter lays claim to them.
They are the easiest first step you can take to living a more simple, eco/waste friendly, farm way of life, and they are fun too.
There castings are great for the garden.
Really there is just so many good things you can say about them and nothing bad!
I am still quite new at all this so i am not going to give any advice except...
Go and get some!!!

And for anyone a little squeemish... you never have to touch them! Just feed them yummy food scraps and they will love you unconditionally!

I purchased mine from Bunnings but you can buy them online for a good price or make your own if your a little more adventurous.

Here are some great sites to get you started

1. Aus Dept of Industry

2. A Beginners Guide

3. Eight Acre's Blog

Cheers,

Lila


I keep my farm undercover in a shady spot
Not our idea of a tidy home but the worms love it.





1 comment:

  1. thanks for the mention :) I find them so easy too, definitely a good first step for simple living!

    ReplyDelete