Thursday 17 July 2014

while the neighbours away....

Missing! Lots of limes and passionfruit from my neighbours yard!
Found - on my kitchen bench!

My lovely neighbours have gone away for a month and kindly gave me permission to pick their fruit trees in their absence...
I was very patient.  They left on Monday and I politely thought I should atleast wait a few days before jumping the fence....
And today was the day! And what a bounty.  I did leave plenty more to be foraged over the coming weeks.


We love lime and fresh fruit in soda water so many limes will be used for this.  However, I am considering making some jam....
I found a great recipe on YouTube by Jeff Heriot for Passionfruit Skin Jam which I have been dying to make and now I can! 
And as for the limes...
I'm taking some hints and advice from Vivian on jam making, click here to check out her tips for all things jam!

Cheers,
Lila
*Disclaimer - My neighbours gave me strict instructions to go for my life! And by the time they are home my egg factory should be up and running and I will pay them back in kind with fresh eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment